The me I am

The me I am
I am only human

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finally driving =)


Yesterday, I went with my driving instructor Uncle Robert to a highway and started learning the basic of how to drive. We started at an empty road near the Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia(UIAM) in Kuantan. As a total newbie in driving, of course I was nervous, in fact, nervous does not explain enough of what I felt. The engine died on me a few times and I had problems in knowing when to shift the gears and handling the clutch was a mystery. I was worried sick and like hell. But as I got encouragement from Uncle Robert, I slowly but surely got better bit by bit. I made a few rounds at the highway until my time was up. He gave me useful tips to rid of my nervousness at the end of the day and took me back home. That was my first time and I was already driving on a highway with cars zooming to their individual destination. Not bad huh. That night I kept dreaming about the day I had. Today, I woke up refresh from having slept early and was very excited for my second day of driving. When the clock struck 10 o'clock, the instructor arrived at my front gate. We went to the same spot and started. I guess some positive thinking does help as I seem to be better than yesterday. The engine did not die on me. HAHAHA! I was ecstatic of the improvement. I drove away at 50+km per hour until we reach the mouth of the city of Kuantan. Now I am driving in the city already. I start losing my cool. "So many cars..." I thought. I drove the car until we reached the Stadium Darul Makmur area and Uncle Robert took over. What relief I felt. I guess second day and already driving in the city was too much for me today. Well anyways, driving itself is very new for me and I consider myself to be doing good at my own pace. Keep up the positive thinking and I should be driving with license in no time soon. =)

2 comments:

  1. Practise makes perfect, keep it up. Just visualise the car your mum promised to buy for you as an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha....semua org mengalaminya...jgn risau..good luck....dpt gak meraser manti enjin...best owwww...hehe...anyway..all the best...dh reti bwk keta tu...jgn luper bwk aku jalan2..hahah:D

    ReplyDelete